CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY
For Chapter Board of Directors
The purpose of this conflict of interest policy is to protect the NJB organization. NJB is concerned about board of directors that might benefit in a financial interest directly or indirectly through NJB chapter business, investment or by family gain.
1. Neither the undersigned nor any "immediate family member" of the undersigned has a "financial interst" in a Non NJB Basketball Organization and will not have such an interest during their term as a member of the board of directors of the chapter.
2. The local NJB Chapter players’ data base cannot be used or available to outside organizations such as for AAU, Club, teams or any other organizations besides for the local NJB chapter.
3. Posting any recruiting data or information "for profit" or for any non NJB organizations on the local NJB Chapter web site is not allowed or permitted.
4. This policy targets multiple team "for profit" and non NJB organizations. A parent coaching their stand-a lone child team is not the target of this policy.
5. The Chapter Director will provide this copy of the conflict of interest policy for each board member signature
6. This signed policy form will be handed to the Sectional Director.
7. The Sectional Director will provide a copy to the NJB Commissioner.
In connection with any actual or possible conflict of interest, the board of director shall disclose the potential conflict of interest to the Sectional Director and the Commissioner of NJB in writing which will include specifics of the" for-profit" or outside NJB league organizations.
Upon disclosure in writing of the potential conflict to the Sectional Director and Commissioner of NJB- a final determination will be declared.
Each board of director shall sign annually a conflict of interest form. Each board of director shall acknowledge the below:
a) Has received the copy of the conflict of interest policy
b) Has read and understands the policy
c) Has agreed to comply with the policy
NJB reserves the right to remove any board of director that has failed to disclose a potential conflict of interest. The decision will be final for our NJB league and chapter.
ANNUAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST STATEMENT
I affirm the following:
1. I have read and understand the above in regards to the conflict of interest policy.
2. I agree to comply to the conflict of interest policy.