2012-2013 GK-12 Transforming Experiences
Lead Teacher Team Application Form
Application and recommendation letter must be received by 11:59pm Sunday, March 3rd, 2013.
Observations & Interviews will be conducted late March. Notification of selection will be made early-April.
|By submitting this form, we hereby apply for consideration to GK-12 Transforming Experiences Program at the University of Colorado Denver, and certify that to the best of our knowledge all of the below statements are true and complete. If accepted and we agree to participate in the program from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014, we will comply with all applicable UCD and NSF Program terms and conditions governing our participation.
We understand that, as GK-12 Lead Teachers, we will commit to:
- Full participation in the program summer orientation (July 22-July 25, 2013)
- Attend all participant Inquiry-based Workshop in January 2014 if applicable
- Meet with our Learning Community 3x/academic year
- Work in partnership with our Interdisciplinary Learning Community on classroom multi-disciplinary & inquiry-based lessons
- Provide multiple opportunities for the Resident Mathematician (RM)/Resident Scientist (RS) to teach multi-disciplinary & inquiry-based lessons or units
- Participate in ongoing project evaluation
- Respond in a timely manner to e-mail messages from GK-12 project
- Attend Lead Teachers' meetings 1x/semester if applicable
- No student teachers (or similar positions) will be in our classrooms during our participation in the GK-12
- Teachers must be certified by the State of Colorado
- Teachers must be US Citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens
- Each teacher must have at least 5 years of teaching experience.
Please submit the following form and 1 letter of recommendation for your Lead Teacher team(supporting both teachers) from your school Principal.
For more information:
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 303.556.3336