Office of Financial Aid
Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
In order to receive financial aid at Westfield State (including federal, state, and private aid), students must continue to make progress towards a degree or certificate program. The standards set by Westfield State University for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) can be viewed by visiting: http://www.westfield.ma.edu/tuition-financial-aid/satisfactory-academic-progress
Federal Regulations and University policy allows for exceptions, documented in a written appeal, only when extenuating circumstances existed that caused a student to fail to meet satisfactory academic progress.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT AFFECTS YOUR FINANCIAL AID
The Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal form provides student that have lost their eligibility an opportunity to apply for a one-time waiver of the SAP requirement and be eligible to receive financial aid.
- To guarantee your appeal request is reviewed, the form must be submitted by July 2, 2020.
- Submitting an appeal form does not mean the approval is guaranteed.
- Students are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible, as it will aid in the review of the application and expedite the process.
- During this process, any outstanding bill due to the University is your responsibility. The Financial Aid Office will make every effort to award your aid prior to the Fall 2020 bill due date.
- Failure to make payment arrangements prior to the due date of your bill will result in late payment fees and could result in your withdrawal from the University.
- If your appeal is approved, you must verify with the Financial Aid Office that your financial aid file is complete.
Any questions regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress or the appeal process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.